Practice Opening Hours are usually between 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday. (Including Thursday afternoons at Wylam)
Consultations are by Appointment.
- You can usually book to see the Doctor or Nurse of your choice within 2 working days.
- To book appointments please call in to your usual surgery or phone your usual surgery number.
- If you feel your problem is more urgent than this you will be seen by the Doctor on duty that day.
- At Oaklands Medical Centre we close on Thursday afternoon from 12pm, and at lunchtimes between 12.30 and 1.30pm.
- Riversdale at Wylam is closed on Wednesday lunchtime between 12pm and 1pm for Staff Training.
For Appointments at Riversdale Wylam ring 01661 852208 or 01661 853920.
The Points Bridge linking both sides of our practice area across the River Tyne.
For Appointments for Riversdale at Oaklands Medical Centre Ring 01661 832287
- Home visits are usually only to those patients too ill or infirm to attend surgery.
- We would be grateful if you could bear this in mind when requesting a home visit as they are very time consuming and may disrupt other services the practice provides if requested inappropriately.
- It is helpul if you are able to let our reception staff know the nature of your problem when you request a home visit so we can assess its urgency.
Home visits should be requested ideally before 10am.
You may be asked to discuss your request for a home visit with a Doctor who may suggest other ways of managing your problem.