NHS Medical Services Provided at Riversdale.
We provide a full and comprehensive range of NHS General Medical Services at Riversdale.
Chronic Disease Management
We offer structured care and regular review of many Chronic Medical Conditions such as
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- COPD (Chronic Lung Disease)
- Ischaemic Heart Disease (Heart problems)
- Heart Failure
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Underactive Thyroid Problems
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Mental Health
We have a comprehensive Call and Recall Service to help us manage to care of these long term conditions and achieve high scores in the National Quality and Outcome framework used to monitor our care of these conditions.
Preventative Care, Lifestyle Advice and General Health Assessments
Our Practice Nurse and Health Care Assistant provide help and advice on General Health Related Problems such as
- Obesity and Weight Management
- Smoking Cessation
- Well Man and Well Women "NHS Health Check" Cardiovasular Risk Assessments on those eligible patients over 45
- New Patient Assessments including assessment and advice on safe levels of alcohol intake.
- Travel Advice and Immunisations
- Family Planning Advice
- Flu Injections
- Pneumococcal Injections
Maternity and Child Health Services
We also provide the following additional services for all of our patients at our Oaklands Medical Centre Premises.
- Midwife Lead Booking, Ante Natal and Post Natal Care during Pregnancy.
- Child Health Developmental checks at Well Baby Clinics run jointly with our Health Visitor.
- Routine Child Immunisation led by our Practice Nurse.
Riversdale Community Nurse Team Services
Our Community Nurse Based services are based at Oaklands Medical Centre where the nursing team have regular bookable clinic sessions for those able to travel. It is preferable that you try and attend these clinic sessions if at all possible to make more efficient use of valuable Nurse time.
Home visits by our Community Nurses are only for those who are truly housebound.
Please ring to arrange an appointment for these clinics on 01661 831439
- Post Operative Wound Care and Wound Assessments
- Palliative Care (Care at Home for those with Terminal Conditions)
- Continance Assessments
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Venous Assessments and Care of Venous Ulcers
- Ear Care (Wax removal)
- Long Term Care of Chronic Medical Conditions in Housebound Patients
- Administer Routine Injections such as B12 and Drugs needed in Prostate Cancer Treatment
Additional NHS Services in the Practice
- Podiatry Service
- Dietician Service
- Community Psychiatric Nurse service (CPN)
Please Call in or ring to arrange to be seen for any of these services.
Private Non NHS Services
We are able to offer the following Non NHS services on a private basis for which a Fee is Charged
- HGV Medicals
- PSV Medicals
- Taxi Medicals
- Insurance Medicals
- Employment Medicals
- Travel and Occupational Immunisations
- Passport Verification
- Driving Licence Verification
- Paternity Testing